Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Its 5:20am and I'm already 1.5 hours deep

I'm writing this blog as I quickly scarf down my morning 3/4 cup of oatmeal with 50g of protein...add some cinnamon and you've got a deadly combination. Softball is rolling in around 5:40am and I'm getting my mind right for the culmination of our off-season program. We are at the most intensive phase of training...next week we unload and then the following Monday/Tuesday we test.

You want to know what it takes to be #1? Well I'll tell ya. Bull-headed determination. The ability to get up and get yourself going when you don't want to. The desire to pick up your teammate up when times get tough and the end doesn't seem to be in sight. Well for us it is in sight...at least the beginning of the end.

Will we choose to dominate or be defeated....in 20 minutes I'll know.

Erik Korem, MS, CSCS, SCCC, USAW...and a bunch of other stuff

No comments: